Who we are
‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘Melbas’ means Melbas on the Park Pty Ltd ACN 141 013 961 through all its business dealings, including those of its Related Entity’s (where ‘Related Entity’ means a company which shares a common shareholder or director with Melbas on the Park Pty Ltd, and includes the McFie Group of Companies Pty Ltd ACN 128 989 300 (‘McFie Group’)).
Compliance with privacy legislation
Collection of personal information
Personal information is generally defined as information or an opinion that can identify a person. This information could include information such as your name, postal address, email address and date of birth.
When making an enquiry you will be asked to provide certain information, including but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, home address and mobile phone number, or information about what you like and do not like. When you request a booking, we may also request your credit card number to complete the reservation.
If you are entering into an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, or are applying for credit with us, we may also collect your personal information from credit reporting agencies.
Information we collect from the web
Our web server collects the following types of information for statistical purposes about visitors to our various websites:
- the number of users who visit the website
- the date and time of visits
- the country or region of users
- traffic patterns
All of this data is anonymous and we will make no attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. The purpose of this information is to enable us to evaluate the performance of the website and to improve the content and format for its users.
Use of personal information
The general purposes for which we may collect and hold your personal information are:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with the service that you have requested;
- if you are an agent who is entering into an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, to obtain a credit report from a credit reporting agency to assess an application for commercial credit;
- to obtain a credit report or other information from a credit reporting agency or financial services provider to assess an application for any form of credit or payment facility which may be extended or offered to you; and
- to comply with any obligations that we may have under laws that apply to our businesses.
By knowing your preferences, we can more effectively and conveniently provide special offers that are tailored to your requirements and liking. We may also use the information we collect about you, to keep you informed about our property’s and services where they are relevant to your preferences.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose you would not reasonably expect us to. Your information may be used by us to enable us to enhance our relationship with you; however it is your decision whether you wish to provide us with the information necessary for this service.
Disclosure of personal information
So that we can provide you with new and better products and services, your personal information will be shared between Related Entity’s.
We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by or under law or where the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the law. This may occur under the laws that apply to our business, for example, where a regulatory authority requests information from us. This includes obligations that we have under anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation and in connection with our obligations relating to the responsible provision of gambling services.
In addition, there are circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information to other organisations for particular purposes that are important to help us to operate our business. These circumstances are described in detail below.
Sharing information with other organisations
We will not provide your personal information to organisations other than those that are Related Entity’s.
We will generally only give another organisation access to your personal information when the other organisation is providing services to us that help us to operate our business or to provide a service to you.
Such organisations are those engaged to assist us:
- to provide, manage or administer the products and services that we offer. This includes service providers (such as, but not limited to, mail house providers, printers and advertising agencies), postal services, call centres, customer research agencies and our advisers;
- with reviews of our business operations and structure;
- to collect outstanding debts; and
- with developing and planning new products and services.
We may also share your personal information with an organisation where we have obtained your consent.
We may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market our property’s, services, promotions and upcoming events to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, electronic communication and SMS messages).
We will only send you this information if:
- you have consented to receiving such information (whether directly or indirectly); or
- such information is related to the purpose for which we originally collected your personal information.
We send this information to you to keep you informed about our property’s, services and special offers.
If we send you a mail out, and you would prefer not to receive such mail outs, you have the right to opt out. A choice to opt out will be included on these occasions.
If we contact you via email, the email will contain an unsubscribe facility whereby you can elect to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
Access to and changing your personal information
A copy of your information will generally be made available to you within 30 days. However, there are circumstances under the National Privacy Principles in which we are not required to give you access to personal information. We will let you know if one of these exceptions applies to your request.
If you find that your personal information is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know.
Your sensitive information
We do not generally collect personal information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or criminal records, or health information.
If we do, we will only collect such information where we are required to do so under a law that applies to our business, for example to comply with our obligations to maintain the security and integrity of our venues.
Situations in which we may collect sensitive information from you include:
- if you apply for a job with us; or
- if you use our gambling venues, we may keep a record of criminal offences that you have committed, for example, where we are required to do this under laws that apply to our business.
Changes in the future
Additional information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
McFie Group of Companies
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 642
Paradise Point Qld 4216